UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stuff!

So I hope you are all trying out our contest! I think it is pretty easy, well, ok, not super easy but not bad (ok, Brad had to think about it even). Oh, and his new camera is a Cannon EOS 5D Mark II - apparently the Mark II part is super important. I am a Nikon girl myself, but it is a pretty nice camera I have to admit.

So today we finally ran out of crunchies and I was able to give the kitties the new Taste of the Wild Canyon River Feline formula. They are sponsoring the contest and they were nice enough to send us some free samples to try. Now I know the cats like their Rocky Mountain Formula - like I have said that is one of dry foods I get them already. So I had high hopes for this one. I opened the box and Barney went straight for the packages - not a surprise knowing Barney. He goes after the treats all the time too. So I decided to try and give them some as treats - and 5 out of 6 HoC kitties agreed that they like it (Kirzon isn't a crunchy food fan in general so I wasn't surprised he didn't want to try it - I think since his teeth are more sensitive he prefers the canned foods). Now, I had given the cats a snack when I got home - some canned Tiki Cat, so they had some food already, and yet they still were interested in the stuff. Virgil and Lola especially seemed to like it - I wasn't sure with Gus and Stella because they did pig out a bit - and Virgil totally pushed Gus out of the way to get to his. I put the rest in a bowl and will keep an eye on them to see what they think for the next couple days, and will give you updates, but so far it looks like the cats are all fans (crunchy hater Kirzon excluded - but again, he doesn't even eat crunchy treats like temptations, so he isn't a good judge). .

The other big thing at our house this weekend, other than trying out the foods, is that it is of course one of the biggest sports weekends of the year - THE PUPPY BOWL!!! Ok, I admit we are not big sports fans at our house, and really Virgil is the only person in the house who cares who wins (his girlfriendcat Danielle is from Wisconsin so he is supporting Green Bay for her - our mancats are good like that - last year Barney rooted for the Colts for Gracie).  But in our house the big thing we look forward to on Superbowl Sunday is The Puppy Bowl - I would say we watch the entire thing at least twice and we flip over to it a bunch of times too. And of course we also adore the kitten half time show! So if you have the chance we highly recommend watching it - even Brad looks forward to seeing it.

So, that is all for today - I am hearing some crunching, so someone is eating some more of the food - not sure who but I see Virgil so I know it is someone else - it is nice he is giving them a chance at it!

14 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well,we will probly try ta watch the kitty half time show of the puppy bowl...

We're just not used to puppies.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

New noms are the best!!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human knows something about cameras and photography, and she says that Canons are nothing to sneeze at! In fact, some pros these days prefer Canon's digital SLRs to Nikon's! She would LOVE to have an EOS 5D Mark II (well, actually she'd REALLY like a Mamiya, but good luck on that!). I say the camera we already have is annoying enough.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Sounds like the new food went down well.. Looks like there is some fun going to be happening. Enjoy your weekend.. Hugs GJ xx

Old Kitty said...

Awww the Puppy Bowl!! That's so cute!! Awwww!!!

Paws up for Canyon River Feline formula!!

Take care
x

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Hey Sweet Face I am stopping by so you will be the first to get my new Valentine's profile photo. Leaving a bunch of hearts for you cause you are my guy!!!!!
The mom doesn't know who to root for the the game today as she likes both teams. Since you rooted for my Colts last year, well they really are not my Colts but I root for them, let me know who you are cheering for in today's game and we will add our cheers too. That might help them win!
Working on a little project for you. Don't get too excitet as it isn't anything earth shaking but just something to let you know I love you. Will send when the mom finishes on it but that won't be until later or maybe even tomorrow.
xoxoxoxo,
Gracie
Love to everyone else at your place too.

Katnip Lounge said...

We LOVE crunchy fudz, but our Mommy is stingy with them due to Grayce's bladder problems.
Dirty rotten Mommy.

Quill and Greyson said...

We love the puppy bowl!

Ellen Whyte said...

Hope you had a good time with your Puppy Bowl :-)

Admiral Hestorb said...

Hi Hi Hi!!! Do good to see you. Fanks for coming to see my candy bar goodness.
xox

Admiral Hestorb said...

Oh and mommy is a Nikon person herself but her human kitten has a Nikon D700 with allll the bells and whistles. It's all Mom can do to operate her D40, MOL.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I did get to see some of the Puppy Bowl, that was one good time!!!

caspersmom said...

New treats, ears are up to listen!! Will have to look for it. Is it in stores?? Great pictures with Brad's new camera. I have a Canon Power Shot but would love to have a digital SLR. We aren't to much of a football fans here either but since it was some one so near us on the team we of course rooted for the Packers.

Casper

Anonymous said...

We love crunchies!