UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Thursday, July 9, 2009

Face Biting!

So Barney is a face biter - don't know why but he love to come over and snuggle and then gets all bitey with your face. I am trying to teach him that he shouldn't do that by either redirecting him (which works a lot of the time), moving him to the floor (usually at bedtime when he is bitey) or when desparate I do have to squirt him with the water bottle. See, if he never grew it would not be a problem but as he gets bigger he gets stronger, including his jaw. He will also come over and try and shove his nose in my nose, and the gets bitey with it. I am learning the signs so I can preemtivly move him if need be. He is sleeping on the bed more but he usually gets down to go to his favorite spot for most of the night, which is good so I don't roll over on him. We will probably try letting him out at night this weekend and see how he does. I know the other cats will be happy to get to be in there again. Virgil came in last night and had to be carried out. The others are usually headed that way when I am bringing Barney up but I usually get there first and shut the door. I just hope they don't take advantage of the new situation as a way to put the smack down on him while we aren't noticing. They haven't really bugged him much so far.Keep your fingers crossed for me!

5 comments:

Reese =^..^= said...

I used to be a real bitey kitty, but I've pretty much grown out of it now. I was only playing, and thought it was fun.

Mr. Tigger in Cat-Lands said...

Hi Virgil! I will add you to the July Birthday list! Sorry I missed you! Barney you are growing up to be a cute m-cat-in-training!!
Hi 5 paw,
Mr. Tigger

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Illyana did the nose thing. It was like she was trying to shove her whole head up my nose! She did not bite, though.

We have a good report on Shadow. It is a massive inner ear infection. I updated my blog at 5:25.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Mommy thinks that Barney will stop putting the bitey on your face soon! :) He is adorable!!!

Love, uSSSSS

Cory said...

My brother Madison is a nose biter. He gets all dreamy looking and he gazes in mom's eyes, then he tilts his head just a wee bit....then chomp!