UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hippo Madness!!

Wow, there was such an amazing response to the hippo travel idea! I am so excited about it! I didn't have a chance to get any pics today but I will be posting some on Saturday. I also haven't picked a name but I loved all the suggestions - it is funny because some were girl names, some were boy names - for some reason I always saw him as a boy. But what I am gong to do tomorrow is put up a poll with the possible names - from both suggestions, and anything I might think up in the mean time.

As far as having him visit - wow I am so amazed at the number of people who would like to have him visit! I can only pick one, however, and I did say that the first person to volunteer would be the one to host him (or her I suppose) first. So I will also announce that on Saturday when I put up the pics - if anyone has volunteered but changes their mind, that is ok with me, just let me know (if you are curious what it is about you can check out our posts from when Moo and Baa visited - they start HERE, and go on for the week. I admit we went a bit overboard but it was so fun, and it kind of gave me a reason to do some things I wanted to but hadn't (like go to the Willis Tower's new observation ledges). The cool thing is that if you weren't the first to comment you could be the first person at the next blog who hosts them! I will always be posting where he (or is it she?) is, so you can follow the trip - and the cool thing is you could meet some cool new bloggers (and actually so could I). I am really excited about this and hope it is as fun for you all as it was for me with Moo and Baa - both to watch and hopefully host!

The other thing we have going on is Paw it Forward - we have two volunteers and still need one more - and hey, all you doggies out there, you are welcome too! I love to buy doggie toys - just ask Brad's mom! They are always so cute! I know quite a few people are already doing or just did Paw it Forward, but come on, there has to be one more of you out there who wants to play!!

Anyway, the cats are good - running around or sleeping, depending on the cat, and I am hoping to have pics of them with the hippo to post on Saturday. Tomorrow is our very special Friends on Friday so be sure to catch it - most of the post is written by Virgil and Barney!!

We will see you later!!

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That's why our name was asexual ;-)

Hippo Madness sound like a special event at the zoo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Merdie

Cat said...

Hi Amy, what exactly is Paw it Forward? I looked back on your blog quite a ways, but I didn't see the explanation.

Hippo madness sounds like a blast! I can't wait to follow him/her to different destinations around the globe :-)

Tober the Cat said...

I am excited about the traveling hippo. . . he/she will have to stop by my library sometime!

I would say name your hippo whatever sound a hippo makes. But I don't know what sound that is!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pumpkinpuddy said...

I love the redesign of your blog. it is so much easier on the eyes now. Much easier to read.

Old Kitty said...

Yay!! the cute sweet Hippo is going places and will have a name soon!! Brilliant!!!

I hope you get a Paw it Forward player. I look forward to seeing what that's all about too!

Great to hear the kitties are lovely as always!
Take care
x

Anonymous said...

We're still interested in hosting, and we can't wait for the poll! This is going to be fun!

the teacher's pets said...

Since you were gracious enough to become my newest follower, I featuring you in our THANKFUL FUR 3 THURSDAY blog post tomorrow! Be sure to check it out!