UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Help College Kids Help Animals

So I was reading Fark at lunch (easier to read then blogs on the phone since with blogs I want to comment) and I came across a post about a group called Rescue University about kids who help build shelters and stuff for animals, and they are in the running for a $500,000 grant. It sounds like a great cause and they need votes - but since I don't Facebook I can't. So I decided to post a link to the Fark post so if you want to you can go do it. Oh, and if you don't already Fark, um, well, I don't necessiarily recommend reading the comments because um, well, they aren't always nice (it can get very harsh sometimes - I haven't checked all in this thread but just be prepared that some Farkers can be jerks. Also, I made a comment there - if you do decide to read the comments see if you can find me - I don't use any of my usual names but it is the nickname I used for one of the cats at one time in my life - if you think you found me and comments are working again, let me know and I will tell you if you are correct). Fark can be like the cat and dog blogs in some ways, helping each other out when it is needed (sarcastically of course).

Anyway, here is the link to the thread.

http://www.fark.com/comments/6230671/Behold-power-of-Fark-Appeal-to-help-college-kids-rescue-animals-puts-them-in-running-for-$500000-grant-Thank-you-vote-if-you-havent-DIT-LGT-original-thread

2 comments:

Old Kitty said...

The first comment on that thread already got my blood boiling! Grrr!! Oh but this is a great cause so I hope hope hope they get that grant!!! Take care
x

Sagira said...

I think I'm going to stay away from the comments...I am already on the edge about stuff today, LOL