UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just a quick update

So we don't usually post or comment on weekends (sometimes but not often) but I wanted to post a quick update on the kittens. Friday night was their first night of freedom overnight and they did great. They still spent most of the night up by me, and Barney came back to sleeping by me too. They will still be in the bedroom when we leave for work days, but if we are here or only running some errands they will be out. They will be allowed out during workdays after a few days most likely - I just want to do a bit of extra kittenproofing for it. Though I bet they would probably sleep most of the day. Hopefully I can catch them to have them go up there while I am at work - though if not I am not too worried. Stella has found a pair of my gloves (I had them in a coat pocket, and just washed them to put away about a week or so ago) and she loves them - she keeps trying to bring them upstairs, but they are kind of long so it is tough, since she is small. It is so cute - I will have some pictures tomorrow. Gus isn't as much of a fan of them - they seem to make him nervous. It is ok for her to play with them - I actually got them on clearance to wear for taking the Christmas lights down, but they are very soft and so I can see why she likes them. Anyway that is all for now. It has been very sad around the blogospher lately with friends who are very sick or having to go to the bridge, which is part of why I haven't really visited too much since Thursday - that and I did use some of my visit time to watch the rally for the Blackhawks on Friday. But really I have been so sad lately about everyone being sick and leaving, especially lately, because the problems are sudden and just awful. I haven't posted about it like I would like to because I just want to cry when I think about them. But we will be back tomorrow, and I plan to try and keep things light this week. For all our friends who are sick, or who have lost one of their friends, we send lots of purrs and comforting thougts to you.

15 comments:

Tigger said...

Good luck with the kitten proofing. It has been so long since I've had a kitten, if I ever get another one, I'll have to ask for your advice...Tigger also sends his love to all those who are hurting this weekend.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur the khatpuppies' update!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Jacqueline said...

I understand your sadness, Amy, I have felt VERY sad about the recent illness/deaths on blogs as well; Paddy's loss was just shocking and painful=still is and Maxie's situation made me really upset with the vet who hurt him so badly during a simple procedure!...I'm looking forward to the kitten photos!...Hope you have a great week.

Katnip Lounge said...

Hang in there! We are looking forward to Kittin pix...a sure fire way to smile!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Thanks for the update on the wee ones. I bet they are keeping you all busy. I have a new profile photo. Do you like it?
We have a new item this week on the auction block. We have prayer beads for pets. Check it out and be sure to tell your friends. With all of the illness and all these will certainly be of interest. It isn't an item to bid on but for a $10.00 donation you can order one. There is even a memorial one. I am going to blog about it too. Feel free to tell all!

Mishkat said...

Hi Amy -
Glad the kittens are behaving themselves at night! And I know what you mean about being sad - I have been feeling the same way this week. I feel so bad for so many of our friends.

Purrs from Katie and the cats

P.S. Glad you got to watch the Blackhawks rally too - sometimes it's helpful to do things like that!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

What a good mummy you are, very lucky kittens!!

Old Kitty said...

Awww so sweet to hear about Stella's fascination with your gloves! :-) and great that she and Gus did fab on their first night of freedom! Yay!

You have such a kind soul, Amy.

We are sending tons of purrs too to all those with furrfriends who are ill or who have gone over the bridge.

take care
x

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Amy, we so understand about how sad yoo feel when yoo hear about sick kitties or sudden animal deaths. We find it hard too. Mom admits that sometimes when someone says they have done a post about cruelty or something like that ~ she can't even read it, because it will upset her for days. Although we know the folks that are doing the posts are raising awareness and hoping to get support for sich animals ~ which is a good thing. It's just that mom is a softie and cries easily.

We look forward to seeing yoor noo pics because we already know they will make us smile. ((((hugs)))))

Anonymous said...

Those kittens are really settling in, aren't they! We can just imagine Stella dragging a glove that is bigger then she is--kittens have such determination!

We're sad too, about all of the furbabies that are sick and leaving for the Bridge. We purr for them all the time.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Glad the kittens are settling in so well. I could just see the little one trying to take the glove upstairs and it made me smile.. Hugs GJ xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad the little ones are doing so good!!!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Had to giggle at the thought of that glove being dragged upstairs by Stella - she'll end up have a lot of cattitude!!

White Dog Blog said...

Amy, thanks for the very kind words of comfort and the special understanding of what poor Quinn is experiencing. You are right he doesn't understand Milo suddenly being gone. He is not sleeping on his blanket and I fear both he AND Steve will be upset all over again when we take down her perch and platforms in the office. The loss all around the blogosphere can get one down but please do not forget to see the joyfulness there, too...like the energy and wonder of your two precious new babies. They fill the blog world full of hope and smiles.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the little bits are doing so well!