So first we wanted to give some happy news - remember Minnie and Lucky who needed a new forever home - well I just found out that they got one! YAY! We are so happy to hear that.
And now, we would like to post this award which we got from Epic the Cat. It is the Kreative Blogger award and here are the rules for it:
Copy and paste the Kreativ Blogger picture onto your blog. Check.
Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
Choose 7 other bloggers to award
Links to those 7 other bloggers
Notify your 7 bloggers
Ok, so we first want to name the bloggers who we are passing this on to - and we know that a lot of you have gotten this one (we have seen it everywhere lately), so in the tradition of cheating, I am going to say that anyone out there who doesn't have it - you may take it for your blog!
So we need to write 7 things that you don't know about us. Hmm, that is a tough one. We will do one for each cat, that is 4, then the rest I am not sure of - I will take them as they come!
1) Kirzon is a little bit girly for a mancat - he likes makeup brushes and likes when you rub them on his face - if they have makeup or not
2) Lola is usually lazy and crabby but one thing she perks up for is the Da Bird - but only the feather version, not the floofy one or the cool streamer attachment
3) Vigil is a very independent cat and almost never snuggles but sometimes he just comes over and plops himself down in my lap. When he does I refuse to get up for any reason until he chooses to leave on his own.
4) Barney is a very heavy sleeper and will get up and move from his pillow on the couch to sit on my chest/lap etc. and then he will forget he did it and wake up confused.
5) All the kitties are indoor kitties and don't ever go outside - they don't seem to mind but Virgil and now Barney are always right at the door waiting for you when they know you are coming in.
6) Speaking of doors, Barney love to lay in the door - when you open the door with the screen closed there is the threshold that is normally under the door - if it is exposed he immediately goes there. He has always loved it
7) Well, I can't think of a good kitty one, so here is one for me. I have horrible taste in music - like some of it is just truly awful. And I don't care who knows it.
So, lets see, the Christmas tree is finally up. Barney was TERRIBLE (I know you are shocked) about trying to play with/eat/destroy it. He bit me a bunch of times, which normally is no big deal, but these were hard and they hurt a lot. Two still hurt today (don't worry, I am watching for infection - Lola freaked out and bit me once (no blame on here, something scared her) and even with good cleaning it got infected. These seem ok, but one almost feels bruised. I will be in shock if the tree is still up when I get home. He has been trying to climb the branches and they can't support his weight - so he is breaking them. They were already droopy and I fixed them but he made one that was ok more droopy and broke the support I put up for another. I am so glad we switched to unbreakable ornaments.
So I still don't have a fully functional computer - the loaner is going back, I have the first one that didn't work and the second one that doesn't work. Brad was on the phone til 1 am on Saturday trying to get it to work. He ended up getting that fixed on Sunday but we found another problem. I am so pissed at the company at this point I would cancel the order if I could (but I can't). It was ordered on 9/12 and I still don't have one that works.
Oh, and it snowed last night - not too much but enough that traffic was screwed up this morning (because people try to get around the line in the left turn lane by using the right lane and then cutting over in front of the people waiting, which backs up both lanes - I hate those people so much). But it is melting now. It is going to snow more Tuesday night into Wednesday - yuck.
So now onto the Naughty Kitty Club (or NKC for short). I am working on the badge but well, my photo skills are lacking so I am thinking I may need assistance - Brad is good at it so he said he would help but I want to try one more time before I give up. I have the blog almost set up - well, there is a blog I just need a better background for it - a more exciting template or something. Right now it is white - boring and not naughty at all. I am going to see if I can get that up later tonight, along with the badge. I am also hoping to get some kitty pics with the tree today - if it is still up that is.
Anyway, I have been getting mostly caught up on visiting for now - hopefully I can keep that up. If I have missed you so far it is because I am just a bit crazy and loose track easily of where I am in the blog list.
Oh, and our cards are going out tomorrow - the cute stamps I ordered should be at my house when I get home! YAY!