Ok, so a bunch of bloggers have done the Mom Meme and instead of passing it to specific people they have said it you want to participate that you should. So I am going to. Here are the rules:
Either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself.
I decided to go with #2 because, well, I am at work and don't have any pictures of myself here (darn).
So here are 10 facts about me (Amy - the mom)
1) I have mentioned it briefly before, but I have narcolepsy. I was tested 3 times and each test confirmed it. I don't have that "fall asleep immediately" thing (that is more for someone with narcolepsy and cataplexy) but I am pretty much always tired. It is similar to having excessive daytime sleepiness and treated the same way. I take medication for it every day, but if I am not working then I don't always take it because I can nap.
2) I am an only child, and both my parents passed away - mom 15 years ago and dad 6 years ago. I have a very small family, one aunt (and her husband), one uncle (and his wife), 4 cousins and 2 step-cousins. My uncle and his kids all live on the west coast (Washington and California) as do my step-cousins (who are not related to my uncle so it is weird they are all out there). My boyfried is also an only child so when we have kids they won't have any aunts, uncles or cousins.
3) I drive a 2003 Mini Cooper S, which I bough new in 2004. I don't drive a lot so it only has about 23,000 miles on it. Part of the reason for that is that I hate traffic so I try to only take jobs that are close to home. I love to drive when there are no cars, but traffic really gets to me.
4) I have very odd taste in music, and like pretty much every style except for country. Now if something sounds kind of country but is labeled Rock, that is ok, but vice-versa is not. I do not know why this is the case but it is.
5) I am a bit germ-phobic. I can't touch other peoples used dishes and if they leave a drink or something near me it drives me nuts (I swear I can feel it next to me). When we have people over my boyfriend has to clear the dishes, and he is in charge of dishwasher loading. I have no problem with unloading.
6) If I am at a store and see a stuffed animal on the floor I have to buy it beacause I feel bad for it (I told you yesterday I am super emotional - this is part of that).
7) I love cartoons - not just the adult cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but the ones for kids too (not the ones for super-little kids). But I don't like Sponge Bob. Cartoons are great, mindless fun shows that you don't have to think too hard about. And a lot of them have little things in them for the adults who are watching.
8) My dream job would be to be a stay at home mom/housewife. I am just not a fan of being in the workplace.
9) I love to cook but don't usually do it often because I am too tired. Especially after work. If it wasn't for work I would make dinner almost every day (which goes back to the housewife thing).
10) I like to make jewelry and am starting to learn how to weave chain maille jewelry. I make a lot of lanyards and bracelets with beads and thought chain maille would be pretty cool to learn after ending up on a site by accident.
Wow, I am so boring - it was hard to even come up with 10. A lot of you out there have done such exciting stuff that I wish I could do. But I guess there have to be boring people too. Tomorrow it is back to cat posts - they are way more interesting!
And if you haven't participated already and you are interested, I am passing this on to you!