So we have some awards to post - I am finally getting to it!
First, we have the Kreative Blogger award - Milo over at The Cat's Meow got this and gave it to the first 6 commenters who said they would like to participate, and I wanted to! For this award you link back to the person who gave the award, so that is Milo, and then you list 7 things about yourself that others might find interesting. So with 5 cats plus me that is 6, so we will do one for each of us, and then one for all the cats.
1) Floyd has wool sucker syndrome, which means he loves to suck on fabric - usually it is wool but since we don't have any in the house (I am allergic) he likes the furry types of fabric. He has a "sweater" he carries around and sucks on too.
2) Kirzon is named after a Star Trek character, but it is spelled incorrectly - but I never told him so keep that quiet.
3) Lola, who is the only girl, is one of the laziest cats I have ever seen, but when she sees any sort of toy on a string, preferable feathers (ala Da Bird) she will get up and play with it - she loves those so we try to get her to play with it for exercise.
4) Virgil is a very creative cat when it comes to playing on his own - you can just tell that he is imagining wild adventures that the other cats just don't do when they play. He is also one of the sweetest kitties and will let Barney play with his stuff.
5) Barney tries to climb the door trim around the patio door. Not the curtains, although I think he is trying to get to the top of them - but he seems to somehow use his claws and get about a foot up the wood trim.
6) I am a sucker and will cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to animals - anything even remotely sad on someones blog, or touching, or happy will make me cry. Sometimes I actually have to stop reading in the middle because I will get upset if a kitty is sick or worse, even if it is a kitty I never new before.
7) The kitties all have their favorite places to sleep but they alternate them every once in a while. Sometimes they sleep by me, then Brad, then somewhere else totally.
Ok, the next award we got is from Madi and her Mom over at Potpourri in NC. This is the "Your Blog is a Dream" award. For this one we have to give 7 beauty secrets and pass it on to 7 bloggers. So our beauty secrets are, of course, for the cats. They are compiled from all the kitties
1) Be sure to clean all your fur at least a couple times a day. This one is pretty obvious.
2) Try and play with your toys every day - this is good exercise. Another good form of exercise is to chase the other cats in the house if there are some. If not then chase the humans.
3) Be sure to eat your kitty food, and try not to eat too much people food. People food can be bad for you and cause you to gain weight.
4) Let your human brush your furs at least once a week. If you have long fur, then more often may be necessary. Don't bite your humans when they try to brush you - they don't like it.
5) Get a lot of sleep. At least 18 hours will keep you fresh while you are awake.
6) Sit in the window as often as possible but not always in the sun. The sun can be hard on your fur if you are in it too much and then it won't be nice and soft and shiny.
7) Drink a lot of water - not only is this good for your skin and to keep you fresh and dewey it is good for your insides as well.
Finally over at The Kool~Kittie~Krew's blog Scooter they had a couple awards they wanted to share with everyone, and since we are part of everyone we decided to post them too! They are the Your Blog is Satin award (which is a really cute one) and the Adorable Blog award. These don't have any rules with them. We are also going to participate in the Mom Meme but that will be tomorrow. In the meantime we would also like to pass any or all of these awards on to all our blog friends - you all mean a lot to us!