Hey all - I wanted to let you know that starting on Wednesday, there is a contest going on over at our blog friend Romeo the Cat's Blog. In case you haven't been there before, Romeo the Cat...and Pugsley too is a blog that is about, well Romeo and Pugsley, but they also try to raise money for good kitty causes. Friday is Hairball Awareness day, so they are running a contest. In order to enter the contest, you will have to donate to their organization of the month, Kitten Rescue, but it is only a dollar and it is a good cause - and you could win a Furminator, which is an awesome shedding tool. We have one and honestly I am pretty sure you could build a couple more cats with the fur we get out. Anyway, I will be mentioning it for the next couple days, and I am posting a link to the site over at the top on the right. Here are the vital details from Romeo the Cat:
Friday April 24 is National Hairball Awareness Day!
To celebrate, www.RomeotheCat.com and FURminator, Inc. (http://www.furminator.com) are sponsoring the “Who’s Your Favorite Furball?” contest.
The winner will receive a free FURminator deShedding Tool (http://www.furminator.com) and will also see their favorite, funniest, furriest furball featured on www.PeoplePets.com and popular pet blogs across the Internet.
Entering is easy!
1. Visit http://www.romeothecat.com and click on the FirstGiving link to donate $1 (or more if you choose!) to Romeo’s FURPOWER beneficiary of the month, Kitten Rescue (http://www.kittenrescue.org) of Los Angeles.
2. Submit your favorite, funniest, furriest furball photo (cats only, please!) via email to romeo at romeothecat dot com and tell us how winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!). Make sure to include the following information:
• Your Favorite Furball’s name
• How winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!)
• Your name
• Your email address
• What name you used with your FirstGiving donation
Entries must be submitted by 9 p.m. EST Thursday, April 23, 2009.
3. A Favorite Furball gallery will be posted on http://www.romeothecat.com leading up to the big announcement.
4. The winner will be selected via a random drawing.
5. The winner will be announced on http://www.romeothecat.com, www.PeoplePets.com and participating blogs at 12 p.m. EST Friday, April 24, 2009.
• Contest is only open to cats (sorry doggies!)
• Entrants must be located in the U.S. or Canada
• Entries must be submitted by 9:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, April 23, 2009
• Entrants agree to allow their photo to be posted on participating blogs
If you have additional questions, please contact romeo at romeothecat dot com.