UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fires in Australia

Ok, so to take a minute away from the cats, I have to say that I have been reading about the wildfires in Australia and I literally cannot read anything about it without crying - there are so many articles now about the poor animals that are in that area that are suffering from these fires, which they think were started by an arsonist. I won't even go into what I think needs to be done to the people who started them. My point of posting is that I am going to try and donate something to help out the animals there - I can barely even type this that is how upset it makes me to think about it. Anyway after a bunch of seaching I found the RSPCA website, and these are the people who are trying to help out with all the animals - koalas, wombats, kangaroos, etc. along with housepets also. Most people think to donate and help the humans but I don't thnk people think to donate to help the animals in disasters. Since I had a tough time finding an animal specific link, I wanted to post one here in case anyone else wanted to give too. You can donante to the Austrailian RSPCA by clicking on their name to the left - I am also going to try and put a link up on the right in the permanant link area in case this gets bumped down. I will try to post some cat pics when I get home from work - just as a pick me up.

No comments: