UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kittens and Meezer Colors

So today is Meezer Colors day, and I was hoping to find a picture of my grandparent's kitty, Sin (I think it was originally Sinbad - then they found out she was a girl) who was a Siamese for the day to post. But all I can find is a slide. I only met Sin a couple times (my grandparents lived in Tacoma and we are in the Chicago suburbs, and my grandparents usually came out here) - the first when I was young (I want to say 6th grade) - and didn't realize that she was crabby (ok, I was warned sort of but not enough for a bored 6th grade girl). She scratched me (though I don't really remember it) because she was not used to having young kids annoy her. I totally don't blame her because I am sure I was really annoying as the youngest person visiting, who was bored and missed her own kitties. Then in 8th grade we went back after my grandmother passed away and I remember she was a sweetheart. She didn't really like anyone other than my grandparents but she was willing to sit and let me pet her. She was very pretty and I know she was very loved. I know that after my grandmother passed away and my grandpa got a dog, Samantha, they got along very well, which is impressive for an old meezer and a young puppy. I know that my grandpa missed her after she was gone, but she lived a long, happy life there. I am going to keep trying to find a picture of her but she was mostly fond of hiding so I don't think we got too many. For some reason, I equate her early temperment with being like my grandma's - not that grandma was crabby, but she was more serious and grandpa was definitely the fun one.

So now for the kittens - they are eager to be sprung from the bedroom at night. I got some video of them playing which I will post later. And they are getting to like playing on the bed more - they would come up before but last night it was like it finally clicked with them. Then when I was trying to go to sleep, they came up and were like "what is going on" and sat staring at me. They both got really close to my face first, then Gus sat on my shoulder and stared, and Stella sat on the pillow, stared and would occasionally put her paw on my head for a few seconds - not a quick tap, but for a short period of time. It was very weird and funny. I kept telling them it was bed time and they should try sleeping on the bed, but eventually they left to play. But there was a lot more bed wrestling then there had been before. They are able to get up and down a couple ways (I have storage boxes they can use as stairs - they figured those out the first day - I only showed them one time and then they knew what to do, and they can also go up the other side or over the footboard from a bench at the end of the bed) but for some reason the bed was not really interesting (other than as a way to get to the window) until last night. They still prefer to sleep under the bed though - I am not sure what is so soothing under there. But they are snuggle bugs otherwise (when they aren't playing) so I am not too concerned. I am going to let them out on Friday night - that way if they are running around like crazy I don't have to work the next day! I keep telling them but they know that there is a lot of adventure outside that door so they usually want to go out when I first put them in for bed time - but they settle down quickly since I bring up their food with them.

Everyone else is doing good - things have pretty much gotten back to normal with them. They steal kitten food but other than that they are their normal selves, which is very good!

Anyway, I will try to find a picture (we have tons to go through) of Sin and also will post the videos later on.

Have a great day!

16 comments:

Marg said...

Amy that is a great story about your grandma's cat. Hope you can find a picture.
Love the story about the kittens on the bed. I have some kittens that are about a year old and sometimes I let them lose in the house at night but they spend the entire night running up and down my body. I do have a bedroom where I can put them at night. But I might try it again.
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Those kittens will have a blast when they realize they have the run of the whole house at night! Hope they don't keep you too awake!

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

It fun to heer bout yore grama's kitteh.
Purrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Prints the Cat said...

Gus and Stella are very cute indeed! Thanks for the info about White Dog's iguana Milo. We will have to pay them a visit. We are so behind in the blogs! Sorry to hear Stella deleted your files. I hope you were able to recover them. Remember, backups are key!

Noll's Nip said...

Your Grandma's kitteh sounded nice :) I remember when Tiggy and Noll were babies.....they went "bump" in the night; always wrestling and climbing around on sleeping bodies and furniture...I kind of miss that!

mayziegal said...

I am very much glad that Sin was so luved!

Haha! Stella sounds so cute putting her paw on your head like, "Excuse me? Are we gonna play or what?"

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Old Kitty said...

Sin sounds like and absolute star - what a character! It's lovely to have such vivid memories of a much loved cat that your grandparents adored. Wonderful.

Stella and Gus are so funny trying to figure out why you are sleepig- LOL!!! And very clever - they figured out how to use the boxes as steps. Not bad for such tiny kitties.

Great to know all the other furries are ok - and still stealing the kitten's food! :-)

Take care
x

Brian's Home Blog said...

Kitten are so much fun, I wish I could have been one!

Anonymous said...

what a story about Sin, made me a little saddies. glad to hear the babies are doing well - sometimes under the bed is just the best place to be.

White Dog Blog said...

Thanks for sharing a few of your memories about Sin. It is so cool to watch the kittens discover their environment throught your eyes.

Jacqueline said...

Looking forward to a photo of Sin= a great story and the kitten video!...Glad everyone is happy and well...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Cindy said...

Nice family story. Too bad your grandparents didn't live closer. How much fun those kittens must be!

Pip said...

We is glad the kittens is doing good.
We loves the storee bout your Nana's kitty. We wants pichsurs- so now you has to go find them.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khytties sound like so much fun...

I wonder why Mom won't let me have one ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Thanks fur sharing the Meezer tale!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

That was great. We look forward ta the pictures...

BeadedTail said...

We enjoyed the story of your grandma's kitty.

Aren't kittens just a ball of happiness day and night?