So today, we have one award we received, and a special award we want to give.
First, the one we received.
We were very lucky to receive the Honest Scrap award from our friend Puddin at My Kitty Adventures
Ok, so the rules are to 1) link back to the person who gave it to you (done!), 2) post 10 things about yourself (below) and 3)Pass it along to 10 bloggers - well, we know a lot of you have gotten this one already, so we are going to say the first 10 people who comment that don't have it and would like it are who get it - I know it is cheating, but it is inventory week, so I am using that as an excuse (I am on my lunch hour now) :)
Ok so 10 things about me - usually I do this for the cats, but today I am going to do it about myself! Ha!
1. I am a huge nerd - to the point that I already have the release date of the next Star Trek movie (6/29/2012) in my online calendar, so I can as for that day off.
2. I have narcolepsy, so I am tired all the time. I have medication for it, but I am still tired most of the time
3. I go to Jamba Juice once a week and get the same thing each time (power protein berry workout - soy) but change the boost up (usually either energy or immunity - immunity tastes a bit tangy so it is the one I prefer but sometimes I just need the energy)
4. I can't stand coffee - even the smell gives me a headache.
5. I love to cook but don't do it often. I would cook more if I didn't have to work.
6. When we win the lottery, and I assume we will, and it will be a big one, I would love to open a cat rescue facility. I have always wanted to do something like that, even when I was little. When I read about Tabby's Place I couldn't believe it - that is exactly what I have always wanted to do! I really cannot afford to right now though, so I help kitties as much as I can.
7. I am a total sucker - I know I have mentioned this before, but it is so bad that if I pick up a stuffed animal, look at it, and put it back, I feel guilty and have to buy it.
8. Up until Christmas of 2009 I hated ham, but my aunt had a spiral sliced Honeybaked ham and I LOVED it - and now I think about getting some very often. That was the first time my cats ever tried it and they love it too.
9. I love lots of movies that a lot of people haven't even heard of, and haven't seen a lot of the movies that were big blockbusters (example, I am a big fan of Psycho Beach Party, but I never saw Titanic). Also, as a general rule I am not a fan of "chick flicks", though there are exceptions
10. I love the TV show The Big Bang Theory - partly because I can kind of relate to Leonard and Sheldon. It is a funny show no matter what, but I do think they make a lot of sense sometimes.
OK, so now, on to the award we want to give.
The other day, our kitty friend Cricket from Twilight's Muse was very heroic. You can read the full story at her blog, but needless to say she very likely saved her mom Lorianna's life (which we are VERY glad about).
So, we wanted to do something special for Cricket - since we aren't near them, we decided to make her a special, Cricket only award. It is below.
Thanks for being a hero Cricket!