UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Monday, September 14, 2009

Stupid Computers

So my computer, as I have mentioned, is having problems. We are working on getting a new one but for now I have to suffer through. Part of the problem is that the stupid keyboard gets so hot - and apparently the USB port I had the laptop cooler plugged into is having problems too. So for right now I will try and post text when I can, and pictures when I can - it takes a while to upload so they will probably be separate for a while.

Like I said the other day, Kirzon has lost weight, which is bad. He was the smallest of the 3 oldest, and though he was a little pudgey, he is too thin at this point - he had lost weight at his July checkup and another pound since then. I have seen him eating, but mostly the squishy foods, not as much the crunchy (I tried to keep track yesterday). Last weekend he didn't feel well (you could tell) but wasn't feeling awful (he still ate and drank without prompting) but by Tuesday when I called the vet (since Monday was a holiday) he was perkier again, and by this weekend he was pretty much his normal self, other than that he is thin and had nasty breath - oh, and his fur is scruffy, like Floyd's got when he lost all the weight. I should have news after 4 today and so I will update then.

I also wanted to at least post the text part of the Oops I Ate It meme - and the logo. So, basically the idea is to post what foods your cat has stolen from you - and we just had one recently.



So we have had quite a few incidents - when Floyd was a kitten, he wanted my chocolate pudding and jumped into the bowl to get it (he didn't get anything but a bath, however), Barney has the famous macarroni ball incident from a few weeks back, and then there is the most recent - and I am not 100% sure who did it but I have my guesses (Barney and Floyd come to mind). See, while Moo and Baa were here, I decided that it would be nice to have a poptart, but was doing other stuff, so I grabbed the box from the kitchen and brought it to the living room. I opened on pack and had one, and put the other back and closed up the box. I set it on the table thinking nothing of it. A day later, I came home from work, and there was no box there - it was on the floor, with one packed ripped open and parts of 2 poptarts eaten. Now, the open one didn't look touched, but the closed one apparently was just too tempting. There were crumbs everywhere and it appeared that they had liked it enough to eat a decent sized chunk. I actually kept it to take a picture (hopefully it isn't gross) and will try and post it later. Floyd also once jumped up on the table and went for a turkey breast we were eating - but that time was when we first noticed his weight loss and crazy begging hunger (as opposed to his usual crazy begging - he was much more aggressive with the begging at that time). But that one we don't hold against him.

Anyway, I will post a Kirzon update later and hopefully a few pictures if the computer cooperates (which I hope it does).

Oh, and for those of you whom I sent packages to - Virgil wanted me to mention (if I have not told you already) that he is April 15 in the calendar. I know I forgot to make a note of that.

9 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

We are purring very hard for Kirzon!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We understand about computer problems. They can drive a person crazy (or to drink, as my tee totaling family always said)

It is fun to see what human food other kitties have stolen!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Nice stolen foodables stories. We are crossing our paws for your mommas computer....Hopefully it will behave soon.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo and Bobo

Lisa Kolosey said...

Purrs for Kirzon. Sounds like Thyroid issues...but we hope its just teeth too. ~Co9T

Anonymous said...

We are sending super-dooper loud PURRAYERS to Kirzon!!! And, our mom's sister, her birthday is April 15th too!!! Looking forward to the update later!!! And, tisk, tisk, you PopTart thieves!!! MOL

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

ah! i was looking in october because you said that was where he was and that he got two days but i looked back and saw that was the wall calendar! i will look when i get home! in your opinon should i get both or are most of the same pictures in them?

-this is Audrey, not Wilfred. btw! haa

SeaThreePeeO said...

We didn't know that about Virgil!

We're sending extra puurrs for all you guys.

Congratulations on your award!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khats take things?

I am shokhked ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Reese =^..^= said...

Sometimes I think compoopers stink!