UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!




Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick Non-Baa and Moo post

WARNING - THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED.

So I wanted to toss a quick post in - we have moved Barney's neutering up a week - he is suddenly much more aggressive and he is, well, not to be indelicate, but he is humping things a lot (to the point where he now has a few nicknames about it). I think his hormones are starting to surge a bit, even though he is young.

See, Barney, in my opinion, has very prominent testicles for his size and age. At this age on the other three boys, they were there but they weren't THERE. Seriously, I think AC/DC wrote that song "Big Balls" about him (with some sort of weird seeing the future ability). It may be that the fur there is darker than the surrounding fur that makes them seem really obvious, but, well, they seem very visible. Especially since he will stand on my chest with his butt towards me. You don't have to try and find them - believe me! Now, he is about the same age Virgil was when he was neutered, and although Virgil would bite it was less aggressive than Barney. And Barney just got this way lately - well with that and the humping. And believe me, no one is safe (but his primary targets are Virgil, Floyd and my blanket on the bed). It used to be just the sucking and kneading - no biggie, but lately the humping has started. Now, he will also still suck on the one pillow downstairs, but it is very different when he does that - definitely a nursing action with that. He is so bitey at the moment that when I try to move him to get up in the morning it is very difficult to even pick him up from the biting.

Now, it isn't constant, and he is fine some of the time, but the biting is really getting out of hand and he just will not stop - I may need to coat my arms and the others in bitter apple if he doesn't calm down (not really). The big issue is that the other cats, who had tolerated him, are really starting to think he is a jerk - even Virgil, who would play with him all the time. But Virgil is getting miserable from him attacking constantly right now (now Virgil knows how Lola feels about him). Even I have to admit there are times that I tell him to stop being such a jerk. I love him to death, but right now I really prefer him when he is sleepy (which in the morning he is not - he wakes up before I do and waits for me) because he is calmer then - he gets a very stoned look on his face.

Ok, so if you have not had a chance, check out yesterday's Moo and Baa post - and I will have another later. I just didn't want to put all this in with that because well, it is long and about Barney's testicles - doesn't really seem appropriate for Moo and Baa!

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says thanks fur the earworm and the visual!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Elin said...

Hello!

Daisy said...

It sounds like it's definitely time for the hoohaectomy!

Anonymous said...

Mom LOL'd at the AC/DC reference!!! She says thanx because now that song is stuck in her head!!! Even though poor Barney is being taken over by hormones, mom says this was a furry funny post!!! And, that poor blankie...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Kirby was neutered very early. That is the practice at shelters because they are afraid the new parents will not take care of it. He has developed some aggression toward Angel, - mounting her, biting her neck biting, but no humping. I can not figure out what is causing it. I don't think it is hormones. but must be instinct. Lots of luck with Barney!

Jasmim said...

This seems to be scary!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Oooer, this is what we worried about with Charlie since we had to wait for Lola to gain wait for her operation. I wanted them done at the same time.

We were lucky and just made it.

Bibliopet said...

Speaking as a person who noticed the same sudden marked increased in male hormones in one of my kittens and - since you hardly ever see them nowadays for obvious reasons - was fascinated with the little pussy-willow furballs that appeared, and disappeared at the vet's one day, I love this post!

Mishkat said...

Poor Barney - it sounds like his hormones are going wild! I think it's different for every cat. Moving up the neuter date seems like a very good idea.

Miz Robyn said...

Oh lord - I feel your pain. Well, as far as the biting goes, I haven't (thank god) had to deal with seeing the large testicles on a boy cat.

Have you ever tried blowing in his face when he starts chomping? Just a quick puff of air deters them about 75% of the time, I've found. It takes a few times, but they'll stop.

Of course, the other 25% of the time, it just makes them meaner, and you can't tell which it's going to be 'til you give it a try. :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Ah Amy I feel for you....I wonder if Barney is older than you think. Definitely time to LET him know who the Alfa Cat is in your house and it ain't him!!! Our first cat was a male but we never had this issue with him.
Barney all we have to say to you is snip snip!!!
Madi and Mom

George The Duck and the HotMBC Kittehs said...

*passes you a pitcher of saltpeter-tinis for Barney*
Tell the boy to chill. Quack!

Anonymous said...

Keep him stoned on catnip....really, lots and lots and lots of catnip....
or get the operation done very quickly and then let the other cats beat him up.

jane

Your Daily Cute said...

Oh boy... They grow up so quickly, don't they? :)

Milo said...

Poor Barney ~ better rid of them huh? Mom said I got a bit agressive before my hoo-ha-ectomy too and I had big ones! After the op I calmed down a lot but am still more bossy than Alfie. Alfie is very gentle at all times.

Milo

Unknown said...

House Cats The song big balls applies to Ivan too.. he however isn't aggressive or anything... He is so Passive he just doesn't care about anything.