Since it has been quite a long time since we have been active, we are going to be Under Construction for a while - trying new fonts, designs, and updating our sidebar stuff. Hopefully we will get it how we like it soon so it won't change too much!

Also - Can someone tell me how to get rid of the giant gap below this notice - I cannot figure out how to do it - thanks!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So no pics yesterday...

the kitties were all so lazy yesteray that they were all sleeping most of the time after I got home. I had received a package so I decided to work on that stuff instead of getting more pics of them sleeping. Today I am hoping they are more exciting - I think the weather changing has them tired because it went from hot and sunny to cooler and rainy overnight.

So a few of you have asked about the length of time for Barney's stay at the vet. Virgil stayed the same time, and I am sure that at least part of that is the anesthetic (which I apparently cannot spell) because I know that when Kirzon had his teeth cleaned, which I am guessing uses less anesthetic, he was out of it for a couple days, to the point that I decided to stay home from work (this was a few years ago). It is good because this way I don't miss work and he is safe. Plus this way the other 4 cats can't bother him - and I am sure they would. Plus the night he comes home, in order to encourage him to not jump on the bed, I will be sleeping on the floor. I did that with Virgil and when Kirzon had his teeth cleaned. It has been so long since we had any boys neutered (Kirzon would be the one before Virgil, so that is more than 12 years ago) and I am positive he stayed at least one night because I know I couldn't pick him up so someone else did for me. Lola obviously was different since she is a girl. Honesly I am glad that they keep them for 2 days to be safe - that way I know that if there is a problem he is somewhere that they can take care of him.

Oh, and I haven't updated on his eyes lately but he is still getting his eye goo (two kinds twice a day). The discharge has pretty much stopped so we are going to be stopping on saturday - he is still very pink, especially in the right eye, but we hope that now that the discharge is clearing up the pinkness will go once the goo is stopped.

Oh, and we are trying out some new canned (or as I like to call it squishy) food with the cats - the reaction is mixed. I am trying to get them to eat more food that is grain free, and honestly they really seem to prefer the fancy feast but they are tolerating the new stuff. I am trying to mix it up and have one type one day and then a different one the next, so they get used to having both. They really like the grain free crunchy food which is good, but the canned seems harder to get them to change on. With Floyd having the lymphoma (and pancreatits and hepatits and also, well, just the general crazies) it is better to give him grain free. I am thinking about trying some of the raw diet food that I know some of the other cats out there are on - not as their only food but as an option.

Oh, I do have one picture to post - I know I had mentioned before that I make jewelry and had started to get interested in making some chainmail jewelry. I made a couple things so far and wanted to post the pics but keep forgetting to take them - so I took one just now with my phone to post. This is the second bracelet I made - first of this style. My rings could be a bit tighter closed on some of them but I think it turned out prety good, especially for my first try at this style. And I am pretty amazed that the picture turned out so well since I used my phone. Anyway, there will be cat pictures later, even if they are all sleeping.


Melvin said...

I really like that bracelet! You did a great job. :D
Hopefully that stinkin eye gets better!

Everyone will tell you that Wellness is about the best that you can get for food. Blue Buffalo is also very good. Both have grain-free selections.

The Kool-Kittie-Krew said...

The bracelet is beautiful! Our mom loves jewelry and really likes that! Sorry about the eye issues, and as for Moo & Baa...they're coming to you!!! YAY...we're just a wee bit sad our time with them was cut short due to the camera problems. But, we'll get them again. Email mom your address at...


They'll be on there way, Friday!

Shadow / Molly said...

Dat is a purrty shiney play fing. What bootiful colours!!!

SeaThreePeeO said...

That is a beautiful bracelet!

We hope the eye problems clear up very soon! xxx

Angel and Kirby said...

THe bracelet is beautiful. You did a very good job for your first time. You can only get better!

Reese =^..^= said...

I love the bracelet!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Yes, the bracelet did turn out well!

Maybe the anesthesia is the reason for the stay over. It does avoid the patient being picked on and, if anything is amiss, it's likely to be noticed earlier. I'll have to ask my vet about this!